Monday, August 22, 2005

I don't get it...

I just finished reading 'Digital Fortress' by Dan Brown. I had already read 'The Da Vinci Code' and thought I would give Dan another try, not having been overly impressed with 'The Da Vinci Code'.

I've decided I am not a Dan Brown fan. In fact, I don't understand why anyone is a Dan Brown fan. 'Digital Fortress' was intriguing in content, as was 'The Da Vinci Code', but his writing style is just plain dull. I found myself skipping over bits just to get the end of the chapter, to the next 'mini cliff-hanger'. Come on, Dan. Every chapter has to have a 'cliff-hanger'? Do you think our attention spans are that short? Dan, you are not on TV, man, so stop writing like you are. Give your readers some credit...

So this whole Dan Brown mania... I just don't get it.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, because I have been think ing the same and feeling it is me! I don't think Dan Brown is actually very good at writing.

    BTW, I really like your BloG!

    ReplyDelete