Friday, December 16, 2005

too good to be true

This is great. I just got a bill from my bank for some unpaid interest on my line of credit. It just so happens that I paid it down completely last month, but somehow I have been charged interest on monies owning for some small number of days. I owe the bank... 11 cents. Yes. Eleven cents. Ten cents plus one cent. A dime and one penny. Two nickels and a dime.

You get the point.

But wait, it gets better.

Last year, I believe right after the wedding, someone tried to hack my paypal account. Long story short, the credit card associated with my paypal account (a VISA card through guess who, yes. my bank) came up for renewal at the same time. I didn't activate the new card so my paypal account would be useless, and now the account is dormant. Well, I just got a notice from the VISA-Bank people saying they screwed up in August last year, and they overcharged me by the breathtaking amount of.... 15 cents. Yes. 15 whole cents.

So do the math. I am ahead 4 cents.

So now try to figure out if I will ever see my 4 cents. I am betting 'no way in hell', but... read on.

The way I see it, I won't be able to pay the 11 cents I owe online because I think the minimum amount you can move around is $1.00. And the credit card with the 15 cents owed to me is dormant. So even though I should reap 4 cents out of this deal, I expect it will cost me $80.00 to reactivate the credit card, and at least $1.00 to pay the 11 cents online.

So is it worth it to go to all the effort?

No.

But, I am going to go into the bank and make a serious attempt at getting my 4 cents. Hopefully I won't get arrested...

No comments:

Post a Comment