Sunday, April 02, 2006

very cool software

I don't post here much because it seems to me that there is just too much pseudo-information in our culture. So many people post pure and utter crap; someone (if anyone even reads this thing, which I very seriously doubt) may even think this blog is utter crap. That someone may even be me...

All that aside, I found a really cool software package today at
Sourceforge called Stellarium. It is possibly the best star viewing software I have ever seen... but that's not coming from an expert. I know nothing about astrological software but hey I might as well say it's the best. It is certainly the best running on my computer. It is also the only astrological software running on my computer, but that is beside the point.

I won't try to explain it except that it is really really neat. The backwards-and-forwards in time feature is the one I found the most fun... plus the 'Constellation Art' feature.

Check it out
here.

By the way, the Longitude and Latituded coordinates for London, Ontario, Canada are:

42.942 Lat. -81.267 Lon.

No comments:

Post a Comment