Sunday, May 03, 2009

lego coolness

I have long been a fan of Lego. I am also a nerd. So when I found LDraw I was ecstatic. I was practically hysterical when I found MLCad. Then, I found all sorts of instructions for Lego models that had been uploaded to the web here. At that point I burst into flames.

Since being stamped out, I have gone on to periodically build models in MLCad that a) I have and couldn't be bothered to dig out the boxes for, or b) Always wanted but never had. Right now I am building set 497-1, Galaxy Explorer, which was released in 1979. My sister got this set one Christmas, and I recently acquired it from our Dad's apartment while cleaning it out after he died.

Here is a POV-Ray jpg of my progress so far. I started this yesterday morning (I think). Once you get the hang of MLCad you can really fly building stuff. Especially models that have mirror image parts - copy & paste is your friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment