Thursday, September 01, 2005

retarded cell phone users

I think alot of people who get cell phones are either retarded or become retarded after minimal exposure to the cell phone.

I base this opinion upon my observation of two behaviours. First, people talk very loudly into cell phones, which leads me to believe they have suddenly become deaf or feel the need to enunciate loudly and clearly. This suggests that the comprehension level of the communicators has somehow dropped below 'ameoba'.

Second, cell phone users have adopted a new strategy for being overwhelmingly irritating: ring tones. Ring tones are truly annoying, especially when used in a cube farm. It's bad enough I can hear every word you say to your mother about your aunt's varicose veins, why do I have to listen to virtually monotone pseudo-music before hand, at top volume no less?

1 comment:

  1. Scarily enough I have recently been accused by my 14 year old son of embarrassing him by yelling down my own phone! Mind you it is my job as a mother to cause embarrassment; he is a teenager after all.

    My phone is provided by work and is old fashioned i.e. it has no camara, does not have a flip top lid and you cannot download the sound of a mad frog. That apparently is embarrassing too! Am I retarded though? Who knows?

    ReplyDelete