Tuesday, January 06, 2009

apex update!

No update really - haven't had a chance to try the maxapex.com stuff yet as I was consumed by the World Junior Hockey Championship which was held in Ottawa this year. Canada won Gold for the 5th time in a row. The IIHF (International Ice Hockey Federation) would probably be happier if another country won Gold every once in a while, but hey, we don't brag about anything else except hockey, we Canadians. Oh, I guess we go on a bit about our Maple Syrup, and our beer, but all that's pretty harmless if you ask me. Americans portray themselves as Canadians when they go abroad because they are treated better. I personally hope there is a special place in Hell for those Americans.


Come to think of it, that's a bit harsh. Plus, I have no say in the afterlife, as such, so it seems a bit presumptuous of me to hope there is a 'special' place for Americans who impersonate Canadians abroad.


However, isn't it telling? I mean, if you have to pretend that you are from another country, just so you get treated with even the smallest amount of courtesy, what does that say about your own country? Or rather, it's citizens' behaviour when travelling? Shouldn't this be like a raging siren to you, saying, 'Wow the Americans who were here before must have been utter assholes, and pissed everybody off so badly I have to pretend I'm not American just to avoid being beaten with sticks and driven from the land.'
Bit of a bloody giveaway, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment