Sunday, January 18, 2009

apex.oracle.com

Well, I like it. It has been everything they said it would be. I have worked on local installs of 10g + Apex 3.0 and this hosted solution is just the same. Of course, you don't get to create your own workspace or manage the administrative stuff, but you have complete control over your own workspace. The only thing I have not investigated yet is LDAP authentication, which you probably wouldn't need to worry about if you are generating public-accessible apps.

Occasionally, it is slow. Yesterday morning, for example, it took over 7 seconds to return 30 rows from a table. This was a select * from t_xxxxx query, too, to it's not like it had to process a lot. And creating a view took so long I finally just logged out. But when I went back a couple hours later the view was there and worked properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment